Sunday, September 28, 2014

Apolonia by Jamie McGuire


 
4 Stars

Apolonia is a new action packed paranormal romance by Jamie McGuire. I was super excited when I received an arc copy of Apolonia that I had to start it right away.  From page one I wasn’t able to put it down.  At first I had to keep reading to figure out what the heck was going on because I felt so lost, but after a few chapters things started to click in my head and then I just had to keep reading to know what was going to happen next.  There was nothing slow or boring about Apolonia, the story moves along at a steady pace and the characters draw you in.

I don’t really want to say much about the story itself because I want everyone to discover what the story is really about while they read Apolonia like I did.  What I will say is that Apolonia is told from the point of view of strong, independent, college student Rory Riordan.  Rory trust no one and doesn’t want to trust anyone, she prefers to be by herself.  The only person close to her is Dr. Z, college professor and old family friend she helps assists. Then there is Benji, he follows Rory around like a lost puppy, not carry that was won’t give him the time of day. When new student Cyrus or Cy shows up in Dr. Z class trying to also be his assistant, Rory is anything but happy about it.  Events start to unfold intertwining the four into some pretty crazy events.

I loved Rory, she was ballsy, strong and she could definitely take care of herself, just like a lot of Jamie’s leading ladies. Events in her past formed the person Rory was today and because of that I couldn’t blame her for not wanting to trust anyone.  Then there was Benji, I swooned over him right away. He was so sweet, funny and very insistent.  He could care less how rude or how much Rory pushed him away, he would do anything to just be around here.

Jamie McGuire is probably best known for her New Adult genre of books, but she is still just as good of a writer when it comes to paranormal/fantasy. Just like her other books she does a good job getting the reader's attention and keeping it with strong characters and creative writing.  I think people are really going to like the new fresh story from Jamie McGuire. I can’t wait everyone else to experience Apolonia and enjoy it as much as I did.


Apolonia

No comments:

Post a Comment