Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Irrevocable by Shay Savage ~ Review






Irrevocable by Shay Savage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a little over a year since I’ve been in the crazy world that is Evan Arden. I was happy with how Otherwise Unharmed had finished and always thought that was the end of Evan and the series. Well Shay surprised me when I found out there was going to be another book and for sure the last one. So I hurried up and read Isolated, which I didn’t realize was even out. I do recommend reading Isolated before reading Irrevocable. It will fill in a few details that are needed between books Otherwise Unharmed and Irrevocable.

After leaving town and the business behind, Evan is back in both the business and in Chicago. After being gone for so long things have changed and so have some of the faces. With someone skimming money from the organization Evan isn’t sure who can be trusted. Besides the stress of all the new faces and a possible traitor, Evan is back to his old habit of not be able to sleep. Another woman in his bed is the only way for him to get some sleep, but being able to find that woman hasn’t been easy. That’s until he finds a hooker name Alina. She different than most women he has met, she doesn’t push Evan for more or for more info about himself. As things in the organization start to come apart, Evan finds comfort and solace in Alina.


I won’t get much more into the story because it’s a pretty crazy ride like most of the other Evan Arden books are. I did find the story a little slow moving at times, but even though I felt it was slow Shay did a great job keeping me going chapter after chapter. I do love how Shay can get inside a man's head, she writes great male POV’s. I am sad to see this series come to an end, but I’m so happy with how it ended even more than I was with otherwise Unharmed. I feel we really get closer for Evan.

Arc provided by the author for an honest review.

 
Irrevocable Summary
Have you ever made a mistake?
A big one?
I’m back in Chicago and back in business with my boss, Rinaldo Moretti.  So much for my run at a normal life.  There are some new faces in the organization, and someone’s been cooking the books.  Personally?  I think they’re after more than a just little cash.  If I have any hopes of flushing out the traitor, I’m going to need to find a good hooker to help me sleep at night.
As the bodies pile up, I find solace in Alina.  There’s something about her, something different.  She understands me without asking a lot of questions.  It’s as if she’s known me for years, yet we’ve only just met.  If I weren’t so distracted by business, I’d try to figure out her story.  She’s the only one keeping me grounded as my world spins out of control.
I’m going to lose the one man who has ever meant anything to me – the only man to ever call me son.  I want to deny his request, but there is no avoiding what awaits me.  I never wanted any of this, but I’m out of options, and time is running out.
Some choices have unforeseen consequences, and some choices are simply irrevocable.
 
Shay Savage Information
Twitter - @savage7289
Book links:

Ebook options:

International Amazon links:

 
Bio:
Shay Savage lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with her family and a variety of household pets.  She is an accomplished public speaker, and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International.  When not writing, she enjoys science fiction movies, masquerading as a zombie, is a HUGE Star Wars fan, and member of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers.  When the geek fun runs out, she also loves off-roading in her jeep, and soccer in any and all forms - especially the Columbus Crew, Arsenal and Bayern Munich.  Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot of that knowledge into the characters within her stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment