Tuesday, October 28, 2014

After the Pain by Gia Riley

After the Pain (Book #2)

3 Stars

This review may contain spoilers if you haven’t read Before the Pain.

After the Pain continues Hallie's story from Before the Pain. This is her journey of recovering from her tragic loss and finding that there is still love out there.

I liked After the Pain but didn’t enjoy it as much as I did Before the Pain. Hallie irritated me too much throughout the book, she kind of felt like a different character to me at times. She was keeping secrets and hiding stuff from Sean that caused drama. To me what she was doing just didn’t seem worth it. I will say the steam in this book was definitely amped up from the previous book. Hallie and Sean couldn’t keep their hands off each other. Another thing that I really liked about After the Pain was the bit of mystery mixed into the story; it kept the reader guessing who could be messing with them.

After the Pain was a good story and I was happy to see Hallie get her happily ever after but for me the secrets and drama was the only thing that took the enjoyment away from the story for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment